Cornish Patti Jean
Korean Ginseng Chicken Soup (Samgyetang) requires a young chicken knows as a Yak-Chick. These Yak-chicks have been conveniently prepared by Ploma and will pair excellently by the Ploma Samgytang herb and ginseng tea bag to prepare the health-boosting and revitalising Samgyetang.
✔ Cooking Suggestion
1. Chop green onions and fresh garlic.
2. Mix onions and garlic in a mixing bowl with some salt, pepper and glutinous rice, then insert into whole chicken's body cavity. Traditionally Samgyetang is prepared with a young (small) chicken. If desired, additional Ginseng root and dates may be added.
3. Place chicken(s) in a pot or pressure cooker, then cover with water and add Samgyetang herb tea bag.
4. Boil with the lid on until chicken is cooked, then remove lid and reduce heat to simmer untl broth has suitably reduced.
5. Remove Samgyetang herb tea bag, then serve the chicken ini large soup bowls submerged in chicken broth.
6. Serve with salt and pepper on the side, Korean kimchi and enjoy.